Wednesday, April 02, 2008

#2 Cadae


CADAE FOR HSER NAY

Oh, may there
be
bright angels to
bear
you far and may they
sing lullabies in your own tongue. May
you not

remember
that
fierce dark face
of
the man who led you to this fearful
dark place.

Oh, let there
be
a mother, who
will
smother you with mother-kisses, 'til
you wake.



The body of 7-year-old Hser Nay Moo was found last night in the bathroom of a South Salt Lake basement apartment in the complex where she lived. Hundreds of volunteers searched for almost two days before she was found. One of the searchers said, "I'm scared. I'm hoping for the best, but every time I open a Dumpster lid...God forbid."

We are all mourning for this tiny girl who wore her Sunday best, a pink dress, pink shoes, and a pink jacket to her tragic death. Someone has tied a pink sign with pink ribbons to a tree outside the apartments. It says: You are never so Lost that Angels can't find you. Police have arrested a young man for her murder.

God bless Hser Nay and her family.


Photo: sharisangels.com
.

8 comments:

PinchasEliyahu613 said...

I found an article that tells how to donate to a trust fund for the family. I found it through a local Salt Lake City TV article online.I then contacted Zion's Bank in Salt Lake City and got the info needed to send to the trust fund. My family will be sending a donation.

Anyone interested in donating to the trust fund set up for this girl’s family can do so by going directly to Zion’s Bank and mentioning ref. Hser Nay Moo. To mail a cheque or money order:


Zion’s Bank
701 East 400 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84102

write "deposit only" on cheque and include the following note:

*ref. Hser Nay Moo - donation*

Kay Cooke said...

So sad. A beautiful poem.

Anonymous said...

Oh I cannot bear this, that someone could take a child and kill them, it makes me so angry. The poem is beautiful, even more so when your read the prose.

jillypoet said...

Oh my God. And I never say oh my God. But God help her family. That poor child. What a wonderful, beautiful idea to write a poem for her.

Anonymous said...

How tragic. Your poem is a sweet prayer of hope for the precious child, and for all children

Tammy Brierly said...

I thought your poem was moving but after reading the tragic baby behind it my heart ached. Bless you Hser!



I'm very impressed with your dad and I think he would have liked your poem. XXOO

gkgirl said...

this
is
heartbreaking.

Anonymous said...

this story took a chunk out of my heart. I'll add my prayer to yours.